Montana Bowhunter Shocked By Bear

Park County Sheriff's Office, MT, Bear Hunting Magazine

A man out bowhunting in The Beattie Gulch area of Park County, Montana suffered an electric shock when he poked at the carcass of a dead bear with his knife on Sunday. He reportedly came upon the bear that was lying on top of live wires and poked at it with his knife, resulting in the shock.

The man was able to walk approximately two miles to cabins along Old Yellowstone Trail for help, where the call for help came from and an ambulance was dispatched to.

He was taken by ambulance to Livingston Memorial Hospital and was then transported by air to a burn center in Salt Lake City. This incident is still under investigation.

Go Back